The PROFIJT Digital Schoolyard module is a platform where digital teaching materials can be saved, shared and used. Users are offered the possibility to link teaching materials to learning objectives and subsequently offer them in the correct adaptive order to their students.
The Digital Schoolyard was created in response to demand from the field. Most schools work with books of a certain teaching method that are worked through from cover to cover and that are the same for each student. There is a growing need to personalize teaching materials, making education more adequate for each individual student and allowing each student to enjoy education at his or her own level. For one student this may mean an additional exercise or repetition, for another it might mean further study of the material. PROFIJT Digital Schoolyard collects such teaching materials and displays it in a logical and structured way.
The teaching materials in Digital Schoolyard constist of a wide variety of assignments, instructions, worksheets, photos, video clips, tests, websites, games, etc. Every teacher can use Digital Schoolyard. The teaching material is collected and displayed in three ways:
- Teachers create and develop teaching materials themselves and submit this to the Digital Schoolyard. Schools can benefit from each other’s expertise and don’t have to keep reinventing the wheel;
- PROFIJT makes teaching materials created by our partners available, which schools can use against payment. This replaces the current printed material. For examples of teaching materials created by our strategic partners:
- ‘Kijk op Praktijk’ by OSG Erasmus;
- Final tests for primary and secondary education.
- PROFIJT itself also develops teaching materials and submits them to the Digital Schoolyard.